Vesalius College is pleased to invite you to the panel discussion on the Venezuelan crisis and a possible European Response.
- Date: Tuesday, 5 March, 2019
- Time: 18:00 – 19:00
- Location: Green Room, U-Residence (VUB Campus, Bld Géneral Jacques 271, 1050 Ixelles)
Panelists in alphabetical order:
- MEP Beatriz BECERRA BASTERRECHEA, Vice-Chair of the Subcommittee on Human Rights, European Parliament.
- MP Eudoro GONZÁLEZ DELLÁN, Head of the Venezuelan delegation to the Parliament of Mercosur, National Assembly of Venezuela
- Lic. Aldo DI SANTIS, Director of the Ibero-American Center for Communication, Politics and Government.
- MEP Teresa JIMÉNEZ-BECERRIL BARRIO Chair Delegation to the EU-Mexico Joint Parliamentary Committee
- Dr. Nelson DORDELLY ROSALES Head of the International and European Law Department, Vesalius College
ABOUT THE PANEL DISCUSSION
After the emergency meeting at the Security Council on the Venezuelan Crisis this Tuesday 26 of February, there are now more questions than answers as to the next steps towards finding a peaceful resolution to the “grim reality” facing this Latin American country. Given the urgency of the situation in Venezuela, the High Representative Federica Mogherini, on behalf of the European Union, has established a Contact Group that, within a limited timeframe of 90 days, aims to promote a common understanding that could lead to a possible solution. However, so far this initiative has not produced concrete results. The aim of the conference is to discuss the role of the European Union in the Venezuelan crisis and possible solutions to this tragic situation.
ABOUT THE PANELISTS
|This panel is open to the public.
Attendance is free but registration is required. Please register HERE.