Vesalius College is pleased to invite you to the panel discussion on Human Rights in Europe.
- Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2019
- Time: 18:00
- Location: Rome room, Vesalius College (Pleinlaan 5, 1050 Ixelles)
We are delighted to announce that the following guests will be our speakers for the event:
- Claude Cahn, UN Human Rights Regional Office for Europe (OHCHR)
- Kersty McCourt, Open Society European Policy Institute (OSEPI)
- Tamas Kadar, European Network of Equality Bodies (EQUINET)
- Jelena Jovanovic, European Network of Roma Grassroots Organizations (ERGO Network)
ABOUT THE PANEL DISCUSSION
Fundamental rights are at the core of the European Union’s values. There are part of the original treaties and have since been strengthened by the adoption of the Charter on Fundamental Rights as part of European Union Law. However, recent developments in Poland and Hungary, and the rise of far-right parties in the last European Elections, beg the question: What is the state of human rights in Europe? What challenges lie ahead for the future of human rights on this continent? These and other questions will be answered by an exceptional group of experts in the field of Human Rights.
|This panel is open to the public.
Attendance is free but registration is required. Please register HERE.