- Position :
Coordinator for Student Learning and Faculty Support / GRACM Coordinator
- Department :
- International Affairs
- Phone :
- +32 (0) 2 614 81 80
- E-mail :
- Office hours :
- by appointment
- Nationality :
- Languages :
- English, French, Italian
- Education :
- PhD in Political Science – Warwick University and Université Libre de Bruxelles (ongoing)
- MA in International Science and Diplomacy - Università degli Studi di Trieste, Italy (2011)
- BA in International Science and Diplomacy - Università degli Studi di Trieste, Italy (2008)
- Teaching :
Vesalius College: Present
- Introduction to Academic Writing and Critical Thinking (HUM101)
- Vesalius College: Spring 2017
- International Affairs Research Methods (POL371)
Vesalius College: 2012-2015
- Executive Training in Global Risk Analysis and Crisis Management
- Research area(s) :
- EU Inter-regional relations
- Crisis Management and Civil Protection
- Innovative Teaching
- Other relevant information:
- Koops, A.J., and Tercovich, G. eds. (2018) ‘European Approaches to United Nations Peacekeeping: Towards a stronger Re-engagement?', Routledge, 2018.
- Koops, A.J., and Tercovich, G. eds. (2016) 'A European Return to UN Peacekeeping?', International Peacekeeping, 23 (5).
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Koops, A.J., and Tercovich, G. 'Introduction: A European Return to UN Peacekeeping:Opportunities, challenges and ways ahead', International Peacekeeping, 23 (5), November 2016.
- Tercovich, G. 'Italy and UN peacekeeping: constant transformation', International Peacekeeping, 23 (5), November 2016.
- Tercovich, G. 'Towards a Comprehensive Approach: The EEAS Crisis Response System', Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, 22 (3), September 2014.
- Tercovich, G. (June 2018) ‘A quest for Legitimacy: the evolution of the EU in the Humanitarian aid and Crisis Management field’, in C. Morsut and D. Irrera (eds.) Security Beyond the State:The EU in an Age of Transformation.
Articles, Essays & Reviews
- Tercovich, G. (2017) ‘Interregionalism and the European Union: a post-revisionist approach to Europe’s place in a changing world (Book Review)’, Global Affairs 3(2), July 2017. Link
- Tercovich, G. (2017) ‘Providing for Peacekeeping: Country Profile Italy’, New York: International Peace Institute / George Washington University, April 2017. Link
- Tercovich, G. (2015) ‘EU-CELAC Partnership: make it real, make it political’, Global Governance Institute (GGI) Commentary, June 2016. Link
- Tercovich, G. (2014) ‘Mogherini’s First EU Foreign Affairs Council: focus on Ukraine and Middle East’, Politics Reconsidered: Warwick Expert commentary blog, November 2014. Link
- Tercovich, G. (2014) ‘EU programmes and action in fragile and conflict states: next steps for the comprehensive approach’, Wilton Park Conference Report (WP1318), February 2014. Link
- Tercovich, G. and Koops, J.A. (2013) ‘Assessing the EU's Joint Communication on the Comprehensive Approach: Implications for EU Crisis Response and Conflict Prevention’, GGI Briefing Papers, December 2013
- Koops, J.A., Shahin, J., Smythe, C., Tercovich, G. and Vandebriel, Z. ‘The EU and the GCC in Global Governance: Limitations and Future Potential, Gulf Papers, Geneva: Gulf Research Centre, December 2013
- Tercovich, G., Jurgenliemk, H. and Koops, J.A. ‘Written Evidence on the Future of the EU's External Action Service (EEAS) and the EU's role and impact in global governance’, UK House of Lords' EU Sub-Committee on External Affairs, December 2012, p.99
- Honours & Awards :
Erasmus Mundus Doctoral Fellowship awarded by the European Commission (2014-2018)