- Position :
- Department :
- International and European Law
- Phone :
- +32 2 629 15 86
- E-mail :
- Office hours :
- Monday 11.30 – 12.30 (Introduction to legal principles), Friday 11.30 – 12.30 (Law and Technology)
- Nationality :
- Languages :
- English, French, Italian, Spanish
- Education :
PhD in Law – Naples and VUB University (2016)
- Teaching :
Introduction to legal principles 102G
Law and Technology 205G
- Research area(s) :
Private International Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), Online Dispute Resolution (ODR), EU regulations and the application of economic principles into the field of law.
- Research Project(s) :
- JUST-AG-2016-05, Project: 766463, Acronym: CREA, www.creaproject.eu (Author and Deputy Coordinator).
- JUST-JCOO-AG-2017, Project number: 800830, Acronym: SCAN (Author and Deputy Coordinator).
- H2020-SC6-MIGRATION-2018, Project number: 822215, Acronym: REBUILD. (VUB Unit member).
- JUST-JCOO-AG-2019, Project number: 881802, Acronym: EFFORTS (VUB Unit member).
- Marie Curie Individual Fellowship 2019, Project number: 890793, Acronym: NEMESIS (Main investigator).
- Selected Publications :
“Online Dispute Resolution: The Perspective of Service Providers”, with S. Salehi, chapter of the book Algorithmic Conflict Resolution, edited by F. Romeo, M. Dall’Aglio and M. Giacalone, Giappichelli Torino, 2019. ISBN: 978-88-9213-131-6.
“CREA - An Introduction to Conflict Resolution with Equitative Algorithms”, with S. Salehi, chapter of the book Algorithmic Conflict Resolution, edited by F. Romeo, M. Dall’Aglio and M. Giacalone, Giappichelli Torino, 2019. ISBN: 978-88-9213-131-6.
“Conflict Resolution with Equitative Algorithms - A tool to establish a European Common Ground of Available Rights”, with S. Salehi, chapter of the book The European Common Ground of Available Rights, edited by F. Romeo, S. Martuccelli and M. Giacalone, Ed. Scientifica Napoli, 2019. ISBN: 978-88-9391-626-4.
“Equitative Algorithms for Legal Conflict Resolution”, with A. Amato, F. Amato and G. Cozzolino, in Advances on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on P2P, Parallel, Grid, Cloud and Internet Computing, Springer 2019. Best paper award.
“Overview of Digital Forensic Tools for DataBase Analysis”, with F. Amato, G. Cozzolino, A. Mazzeo, F. Moscato, F. Romeo, in Advances in Network-Based Information Systems, Springer 2018.
“CREA Project – Conflict Resolution Equitative Algorithms”, with F. Romeo and M. Dall’ Aglio, Jusletter IT – The Magazine for IT and Law (jusletter-it.eu), 2018;
“Dispute Resolution with Arguments over Milestones: Changing the Representation to Facilitate Changing"
- Honours & Awards :
2020: Winner of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship
2013: Winner of PhD Grant, Philosophy of Law and Legal Informatics, XXVIII cycle, University of Naples Federico II.