Applications to the MA programmes will open 1 February 2019.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A completed application form. This form should be completed online on the College website.
- Official academic credentials and transcripts (showing courses and grades) from all secondary schools and universities attended, including public examination results and official results of any national or regional examination (usually taken in the candidate’s country of residence).
Photocopies of original documents are not accepted as official documents. However, we strongly encourage you to upload copies of any of the above-mentioned documents that you have with your online application while waiting for official credentials to be sent to us.
- A recommendation letter from a professor or previous employer, who knows you well and can comment on your academic abilities and suitability for studying the MA (including your academic writing and analytical skills).
- A photocopy of either a passport or of a national identity card.
- Results of an English proficiency examination are required for students whose undergraduate degree was not taught in English. The College accepts official scores from the following tests: the TOEFL and the Academic Module of the IELTS as well as the CPE and the CAE. See the ‘Entry requirements’ section for details.
- A non-refundable application fee of €70. The fee can be paid by credit card or by bank transfer. If you choose to pay by credit card, you will be able to make the payment during the online application process. If you would like to pay the application fee by bank transfer, please click here.
- A motivation letter or a personal essay underlining your goals after graduation. (minimum 300 words).
- A curriculum vitae
Applicants must ensure that their names are recorded clearly on all documents. The family name or surname given in the application must then be used in all correspondence with the College and on all documents relating to the College. Note: None of the application materials submitted to Vesalius College will be returned to the applicant. Candidates are advised to make copies for their own records prior to submission.
Vesalius College accepts credentials in English, Dutch, French, and German. For all other languages, official translations by a certified translator (whose signature is authenticated) are required and are accepted only when accompanied by the document in its original language.
How to fill your online application:
- Candidates must answer all questions in the online application form.
- There are nine steps to complete before you submit your application.
- You do not have to fill in the whole application at once. You can start filling it in, save it and log out, and then log in again to continue working on it later.
- To go to the next step, click on “Save form and continue to next screen” button at the bottom of each page.
- You will not be able to go to the next step or submit your application before having answered all the required questions.
- Hover your mouse over the question mark next to some of the questions to get help or instructions.
- Before submitting your application, you will be able to review all the information you provided. We recommend that you review this information carefully and make any necessary changes before you submit your application.
- Once you have submitted your online application, you will not be able to make any additional changes. If you would like to inform us of any changes afterwards, please contact the Admissions Office.
- All documents must be submitted in a pdf format. Pictures of documents and transcripts will not be accepted.
If you have any questions with regards to the application process, please contact the Admissions Office.