Tuition and Fees – BA programmes
Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES) – BA programmes
Vesalius College will award Academic Excellence Scholarships to students who have outstanding academic records in secondary school and whose extra-curricular achievements show evidence of leadership in today’s global society. Other factors include one letter of recommendation from their secondary school and, in certain cases, standardised test scores.
The College’s merit-based financial assistance can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees.
- Prospective students must possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as demonstrated by grades, extra-curricular activities, standardised test scores (such as TOEFL, SAT) and one letter of recommendation.
- Prospective students must have been accepted into a Vesalius College Bachelor Programme as a full-time, first-year/freshman student and must submit a separate application form for the Academic Excellence Scholarship (click here).
- Transfer students are not eligible for the Vesalius Academic Excellence Scholarship.
- The Academic Excellence scholarship can be awarded to students who enrol in the Fall semester (August) and in the Spring semester (January).
- There is a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) required to obtain a scholarship. Vesalius College will also take motivation and extra-curricular activities into consideration. Evidently, better scores and grades, combined with strong motivation and participation in extra-curricular activities will improve one’s chances of acquiring a scholarship.
- There are no limitations with regards to citizenship & residency. All applicants will be treated fairly and equally.
- The Scholarships may be renewed for all three years of the undergraduate programme. For renewal, a minimum GPA must be maintained.
- Academic Excellence Scholarships are administered via the Admissions Office.
Minimum Requirements for the Academic Excellence Scholarship:
|High School Diploma||GPA/scores||SAT / ACT||TOEFL / IELTS / CPE / CAE|
|International Baccalaureate Diploma||37 Points|
|American High school Diploma||3.8/4.0 GPA||SAT Math: 630
SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing: 630ACT Composite: 29/36
|Belgian High School Diploma||80 %||TOEFL: 100 or IELTS: 7 or CPE: B or CAE: B|
|German Abitur||1.8||TOEFL: 100 or IELTS: 7 or CPE: B or CAE: B|
|French Baccalaureate||16||TOEFL: 100 or IELTS: 7 or CPE: B or CAE: B|
|European Baccalaureate||80 %||(TOEFL:100/IELTS:7/CPE:B/CAE:B)|
For minimum eligibility requirements applicable to other types of secondary school diplomas, please contact the Admissions Office. If your specific secondary school diploma is not listed in the table above, it does not mean that your chances of receiving a scholarship are limited. In other words: regardless of where you obtain your secondary education around the globe, if you fulfil the requirements above have outstanding academic results, you have the possibility of obtaining a scholarship from Vesalius College.
AES Application Deadline
If you wish to be considered for the Academic Excellence Scholarship, the Admissions Office must receive your College application as well as your application form for the Academic Excellence Scholarship no later than 15 April for the Fall semester and no later than 31 October for the Spring semester.
You must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.4/4.0 per semester to continue receiving the scholarship.
Terms of Award
Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of one semester and a maximum of 6 semesters. Scholarships will not be granted for any courses during the Summer Programme.
For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.