Summer 2020 from 2 June to 17 July 2020
A student visa is not required to attend our Summer Programme. In most cases, a tourist visa is sufficient for attendance. However, students must have a valid identity card or passport.
Continuing Vesalius College Students
Continuing Vesalius College students will need to complete a “summer registration form” for the Summer Programme, which is available from the Reception Desk. Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 or above who are interested in applying for an internship during the summer, please CLICK HERE. The Internship Application deadline is 13 April 2020.
Study Abroad Students (Partner Institutions and Non-Partner Institutions)
Study Abroad students who wish to participate in the Summer Programme must submit a Summer Programme Application Form. The deadline for the Summer Programme Application is 22 May 2020. The application form is available HERE.
Students who want to do an internship during the summer must complete TWO Application Forms (one for the Summer Programme and one for the Internship). The Internship Application deadline is 13 April 2020. Please go to the Internship Programme page for more information and application form.
Students who are unable to meet the application deadline should contact Study Abroad Students.
(External applicant: i.e. a student who has been accepted to the fall or spring semester, or a student who wishes to take summer courses as a non-degree-seeking student)
To be eligible, a secondary school diploma and good command of the English language is required. Admission is decided on a case-by-case basis.
The deadline to apply is 22 May 2020.
Applications for admission consist of:
- A completed Summer programme application form
- Official academic credentials and transcripts (showing courses and grades) from your most recently attended secondary school or university, including public examination results (note: if the credentials and transcripts are not in English, Dutch, French or German, we require a certified translation by a sworn translator and accompanied by the document in the original language)
- A non-refundable application fee of 50 Euros to be deducted from the tuition upon registration.
- A photocopy of your passport, identity card or other official document showing your personal details
- Results of an English proficiency examination are required for students who have studied for less than 3 years in a secondary school or 2 years in a university with English as the language of instruction. The College accepts official scores of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the Academic Module of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), Duolingo, ITACE or the Cambridge English examinations, levels Advanced (C1 Advanced) and Proficiency (C2 Proficiency). Applicants must ask the agency to send score reports directly to Vesalius College. For the TOEFL, use the College code 3574.
Students who are unable to meet the deadline should contact Vesalius.College.Admissions@vub.be.
Admission to the Summer Programme does not constitute admission to Vesalius College as a regular student for either the fall or spring semesters. Vesalius College reserves the right to cancel courses that do not meet the minimum enrolment numbers.
Vesalius College will provisionally reserve a place for new students in the courses indicated on their application form. If new students do not confirm their place(s) by registering during the first week of classes, their registration will automatically be cancelled.
Please read the Summer Regulations and Requirements available here for a detailed summer programme calendar, registration information, academic regulations and more.
The tuition fee per course (6 ECTS) is 1300€.
If you are a study abroad partner university, please contact Vesalius.email@example.com to learn more about discounts available to your students.