Tuition and Fees
Academic Excellence Scholarship (AES)
Vesalius College will award Academic Excellence Scholarships to students who have outstanding academic records in secondary school and whose extra-curricular achievements show evidence of leadership in today’s global society. Other factors include letters of recommendation from their secondary school and (in certain cases) standardised test scores.
The College’s merit-based financial assistance can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees.
- Prospective students must possess outstanding academic records and personal integrity, as demonstrated by grades, extra-curricular activities, standardised test scores (such as TOEFL, SATs) and letters of recommendation
- Prospective students must have been accepted into a Vesalius College Bachelor Programme as a full-time, first-year/freshman student
- Transfer students are not eligible for the Vesalius Academic Excellence Scholarship
- The Academic Excellence scholarship can only be awarded to students who enrol in the fall semester
- There is a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) required to obtain a scholarship. Vesalius College will also take motivation and extra-curricular activities into consideration. Evidently, better scores and grades, combined with strong motivation and participation in extra-curricular activities will improve one’s chances of acquiring a scholarship
- Citizenship & residency: there are no limitations with regards to citizenship & residency. All applicants will be treated fairly and equally.
|High School Diploma||GPA/scores||SAT||TOEFL/IELTS|
|IB Diploma||37 Points||n.a.||n.a.|
|American High school Diploma||3.8 GPA||Math: 630,
Critical reading: 630, Writing: 630
|Belgian High School Diploma||80 %||n.a.||Toefl: 100 or IELTS: 7|
|German Abitur||1.8||n.a.||Toefl: 100 or IELTS: 7|
|French Baccalaureate||16||n.a.||Toefl: 100 or IELTS: 7|
|European Baccalaureate||80 %||n.a.||Toefl: 100 or IELTS: 7|
For minimum eligibility requirements applicable to other types of secondary school diplomas, please contact the Admissions Office. If your specific secondary school diploma is not listed in the table above, it does not mean that your chances of receiving a scholarship are limited. In other words: regardless of where you obtain your secondary education around the globe, if you fulfil the requirements above have outstanding academic results, you have the possibility of obtaining a scholarship from Vesalius College.
Condition & Deadline
Students who wish to be considered for the Academic Excellence Scholarship must submit the separate AES application form together with the undergraduate application form, and must have been accepted into a Bachelor’s programme as a full-time, first-year student enrolling in the fall semester by 15 April.
Scholarship recipients must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.4/4.0 per semester to continue receiving the scholarship.
Scholarships may be granted for a minimum of one semester and a maximum of 6 semesters. Scholarships will not be granted for any courses during the Summer Programme.