Students may be considered for transfer to Vesalius College if they have completed at least one semester, have a good academic standing at an accredited college or university, and have not been dismissed from that institution.
Transfer applicants must submit the same documents as those applying for general admission. Transfer applicants with at least one full-time semester of college credit and a minimum grade point average of 2.0 are exempt from submitting SAT or ACT scores.
Vesalius College may award transfer credits on a limited basis for courses taken at the university level in other accredited institutions. The minimum requirements for grades depend upon the school where the credit was earned and the student’s intended major within Vesalius College. All transfer credits will be awarded at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. Once the transfer credits have been assessed, the file cannot be reopened.
In order to evaluate transfer credits, transfer students must submit the following in addition to the regular application:
- Fill out the online transfer credit application form
- Official transcript(s) sent directly from the institution(s) where the courses were taken.
- Detailed descriptions of the courses taken, including the number of hours per course and copies of course descriptions from the college’s catalogue.
- Detailed syllabi (a syllabus is a short document, to be distributed at the first class meeting, containing the following information: the aims and content of the course, the textbook(s) and other reading materials, the progress of the course week per week, the way in which it will be assessed, the dates at which written work is due and when the mid-term and final examinations will be held, and contact information and office hours for the instructor).
- Other evidence of work performed and/or textbooks used as requested by Vesalius College.
Transfer credits can only be granted:
- If the course credits obtained at another university were taken in courses that are similar to Vesalius College courses in terms of content, scope and academic rigour (this will be determined by members of Vesalius College’s academic staff upon the request of the admission office).
- If the course carrying the course credits to be transferred is in line with the curriculum structure of Vesalius College (i.e. it fits within the categories of available credits in the curriculum components of ‘core courses’, ‘major requirements’, ‘major electives’ or ‘free electives’).
- Once a fee of 40.00 Euros (€) per transferred ECTS credit is paid (payable with the first semester tuition fee invoice).