Applicants for admission must have graduated from a secondary school prior to beginning their studies at Vesalius College. Admission decisions take into account the candidate’s secondary school performance, examination results and English language competence, as well as demonstrated personal qualities and character.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A completed application form
- Official academic credentials and transcripts (showing courses and grades) from all secondary schools and universities attended, including public examination results and official results of any national or regional examination (usually taken in the candidate’s country of residence).
- A non-refundable application fee of €50
- Proof of identity in the form of a photocopy of either a passport or national identity card
- Results of an English proficiency examination are required for students who have studied for less than three years in a secondary school or two years in a university with English as the language of instruction. The College accepts official scores from the following tests: TOEFL (Test of English as Foreign Language) and the Academic Module of IELTS (International English Language Testing System). For more information, click here .
- Official scores of SAT or ACT may be required. Candidates should contact the Admissions Office to determine whether or not they must take one of these examinations.
Deadlines and Application Review Process
Vesalius College processes applications on a rolling basis. Admission decisions are usually made within 3 weeks of receipt of a complete application.
International students should apply well in advance (3 to 6 months), as obtaining a student visa can take up to 6 months in some countries. Once accepted to Vesalius College, international applicants should immediately contact the Belgian embassy or consulate in their country to get a complete list of requirements specific for that country.
Students in secondary school are encouraged to apply during their final year.
Transfer students should apply well in advance (3 months minimum) of the semester of choice and should submit all documents required to process their application.
Applicants are asked to submit all available academic records at the time they submit their application for admission. Applicants must ensure that their name is recorded clearly on all documents. The family name or surname given on the application form must be used in all correspondence with the College and on all documents relating to the College.
Note: None of the application materials submitted to Vesalius College will be returned to the applicant. Candidates are advised to make copies for their own records prior to submission.
Credentials should be sent directly by the authorising organisation or institution. Transcripts must be certified by the registrar or head teacher of the educational institution issuing the documents. Transcripts must be sent in an official envelope of the institution that is sealed and signed across the back flap by the sending official. Photocopies of original documents are not accepted as official transcripts.
Translation of Credentials
Vesalius College accepts credentials in English, Dutch, French and German. For all other languages, official translations by a certified translator (whose signature is authenticated) are required and are accepted only when accompanied by the document in its original language.
For more information, please click here.
For more information, please click here.
Applicants should register with the testing agency. Visit the College Board SAT programme website www.sat.collegeboard.org to register online and for more information (e.g., US and international test dates, registration deadlines, fees, payment).
The SAT representative in Europe is ETS Europe/SAT Services in Paris, France; email email@example.com. All others must contact the local agency or the College Board, SAT programme, in Princeton, NJ, USA; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must ask the testing agency to send score reports directly to Vesalius, using the College code: 3574.
Applicants must ask the testing agency to send score reports directly to Vesalius, using the College code: 5243.
When students submit their application, they must include a non-refundable fee of €50. This fee is also applicable to Study Abroad students. Payment of the application fee may be presented in euro by bank transfer or credit card.