The Vesalius College Study Abroad programme offers students a unique academic and cultural experience through the opportunity to earn credits towards your degree at partner universities around the world.
Why Is Study Abroad Important?
1. To improve your knowledge of a foreign language: In a global marketplace, foreign language and intercultural communication skills are indispensable for professional success. Studying abroad provides you with the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in a new language and culture, and there is no better way to learn!
2. To develop new skills and interests: Through your study abroad experiences, you will encounter unfamiliar situations and will learn how to adapt and react in effective ways. You will also find many new activities and interests which you might never have discovered otherwise.
3. To network on a global level: Expand your circle of friends and potential future professional contacts by interacting with local students and professors, as well as with other international students.
4. To learn about yourself: Being in a new country by yourself l helps you to dis cover who you really are whilst gaining an understanding of different cultures and beliefs. After studying abroad experiences, you will be able to see your own culture and beliefs from the different perspectives.
5.To bring fresh air into your academic routine. Studying in a different university in a different country gives you access to different teaching and learning styles and the chance to take courses not offered at your home campus.
What are the requirements?
• Students must be in the second semester of their second year, or in the first semester third year or in the summer in between
• Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.7/4.0 at the time of application
For more information contact Clara Cotroneo, Study Abroad Coordinator, at email@example.com.