Intensive Training, Extensive Networks
The course and curriculum were designed by senior leaders and practitioners from the European Union (EU) – with input from NATO and United Nations (UN) officials – as well as international security and risk analysis experts. By following a unique mixture of intensive ‘hands-on’ training courses and comprehensive analytical and institutional lectures, participants will develop essential practical skills and will acquire far-reaching knowledge for a career in the international security and crisis response fields.
Participants will not only benefit from the unique course content, but also from exchanges and contacts with a broad network of leading security specialists. Close interaction between the participants themselves and with guest lecturers is strongly encouraged, and the weekend modules provide ample opportunity for course participants and instructors to exchange ideas and experience in an informal setting.
Building Essential Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of major forms of risks
- Tools for global conflict and risk analysis
- Open Source Intelligence
- Fundamentals of Early Warning
- Crisis Communication
- Understanding the Crisis Cycle
- Advancing comprehensive responses to man-made and natural disasters
- Practical preparations for a mission in a crisis situation
- Coping with crises under stress
- Best practices and lessons learned from major actors in the field